Wow! Check out these amazing new photos of Emily MengYan and her BFF Margaret! Isn't she just a doll! We have been SO blessed to receive these pics, and some great updates from Dr. Melissa. She and her husband are at the PHF right now, ministering to and loving on the beautiful orphans. I would like to share a few of Melissa's VERY encouraging comments regarding MengYan. Here they are: From Melissa: "Delighted to hear back from you and a blessing from the Father to care for her while you wait for her. She is one extremely bright child--she knows all the parts of the body in Chinese and English. She knows all her animals in Chinese AND English. When we ask her in Chinese how do you say "dog" or "pig" or "cat" in English--she KNOWS it! She is extremely well cared for here, loves her little friends (especially niu niu-aka Margaret) and as you know--has a beautiful smile. The Ayi's adore her and call her by Meng Yan, but she knows her English name and can tells us its Emily. She is very happy and I can tell, she will LOVE joining your family and farm. Yesterday, they played a "baby einstein" DVD in Chinese and it was "old macDonald had a farm" I have a video of her dancing to the song at the end of the tape. I leave here just before Easter and will work to download it once I get home. Also, she loves these little fruit candies that the ayi's give her for her afternoon snack. She plays VERY well with the other children."
Thanks SO much Melissa for these updates! Your words have made us even more excited (is that even possibel?!) to get her home. We are now at day 58 of our LOA wait. Most have been coming between 60-75 days, so we are CLOSE! Thanks for checking in. Happy EASTER! Thank you Jesus!
Hi! I'm back in the US, but Paul has the camera with the video footage that I wanted to share with you. Will get that to you as soon as he's back in the country! Love the blog:)
ReplyDeletemelissa