Sunday, November 15, 2009

And so the HEALING begins!



Hello! I haven't given a medical update in a while, because things really hadn't changed much.....until this week! We have been transfusing Meng weekly, and our transfusions were not even lasting her a full week. It has been more than a little discouraging. But this past week, when we went to Peoria for her weekly transfusion, everything changed! Her Hg before the transfusion was 7.9, the highest it has ever been!!! After the transfusion, a whopping 10.2! Yippee!! And guess what, she is not yellow anymore! She is a beautiful tan! And, it gets better! Her heart rate normally runs anywhere from 135-155, due to the strain on her heart from the chronic anemia. Her heart rate when we left the clinic on Friday was 80!!!!!!! This is completely NORMAL! Her spleen and liver have also gone down in size, and her activity level has INCREASED! In fact, this girl has become a wild woman! She is going up and down the stairs alone, and is even trying to run! It is awesome! I praise God, and I thank him for putting up with me whining to him all of the time! LOL It is so good to see her feeling so much better!
On a completely different note, I just found out tonight that little Tristan, Meng's little friend from SF has become available for adoption. Dale and I so fell in love with this little man in China. Meng pretends to talk to him on the phone everyday. I am so torn. Dale wants to jump right in and apply to adopt him. I love this little guy, but am not sure I am ready! And where on EARTH would we get the funds? We still owe on Meng's adoption! Well, I guess I just need to pray for little T, and put him into the Lord's hands. The Lord has known who his mommy and daddy are, from the minute he was conceived. I pray he gets to his new family soon!
Thanks for checking in!
Blessings,
Ann

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited to hear that Tristan is available for adoption! That is so awesome that you guys are considering it!! PLEASE Don't worry about the funds, I know that is extremely hard, but if God's plan is for him to be placed with you guys, he WILL provide!!! I am praying for Tristan, and I know that God has a great plan for this little guy! I am praying for your family as well that you will know what to do in this situation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne -- CCAA won't let you submit paperwork until Emily has been home for 1 year .... so maybe your news is to share and Tristan's family will find him through your good news

    But what wonderful news about Emily MengYan !! I knew that once she was HOME she would just blossom ... and she is !! How wonderful!!

    I am so incredibly happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful news about Meng! Praising God for her good news!

    In Christ,
    Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and waiting for Eli

    P.S. We began paper chasing and signed up 6 months after Philip came home for our second SN adoption. Our agency is FTIA out of Evansville, IN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord about Meng's health! He is so good and His answers to my prayers for her life, from adoption to settling in well with you all to her health, never cease to amaze me!

    p.s. My vote, of course, would be that you adopt Tristan right this very instant, but, of course, I am not God so it is wisest to seek HIS opinion! :) Praying that he will be matched with an awesome Christian family, whether yours or another, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful and incredible news. Please give Emily a huge hug for me. I am so so so deeply touched by Emily, she is an inspiration to me. I am so humbled by all the beautiful people who have played a part in the story of Emily's life. I remember when I first became involved in MengYan's life in 2006, when we were struggling against the odds to save this precious soul.
    In the beginning, there were so many that said nothing could be done. So many just shied away. "It's so far away". "It's so difficult to communicate". "She's so sick". "She really won't survive". "no one cares about this child". "there's too many others where the effort and money could better be spent"
    But just a few people -- very ordinary and unsuspecting people said.... "NO!"

    We didn't give up.

    We fought.

    And fought.

    And scraped money together, and called, and intervened.

    Along the way we found angels (or rather, angels came to us).

    And Emily lives!

    And now Emily is with her forever family.

    Her story is nothing short of a REAL miracle, and I am so honored to have witnessed it.

    Thank you, Emily. Thank you so much for touching my life!

    Sincerest, Humblest, Warmest regards,
    Jeff Kircik (www.packagesofhope.org)

    ReplyDelete