Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy, Healthy kids!




Check out these great pics of MengYan and Rory! They are so darn cute together! Bronwyn and Brogan are still having great fun styling Meng's hair, and she is enjoying the attention it creates! Next Saturday is Brogan's wedding, and I will have lots of great pics to post, as Meng is one of the flower girls, and Rory the ring bearer! IF I can get them to play along! LOL

Meng's health has continued to improve! Her last transfusion was 9 days ago, and yesterdays Hg was 8.8! We are gonna try to stretch it out until the 10th. That would make it 15 days between transfusions! She is running, playing, and laughing just like any 4 year old would! We still continue to have some issues with nosebleeds and bruising, which probably means another Vitamin K shot is coming, but that is minor compared to a few weeks ago!

She is picking up more English everyday. Her new favorite food is anything from Culvers, and her favorite pastime is playing cars with Rory. She still talks to Rdo and Niu Niu on the "phone" everyday. Speaking of which, did I tell you that Niu Niu (AKA Margaret) has a family?! I a SO excited! And we have been in touch with them, and plan to meet them at Hilton Head Island this May, so the girls can be reunited! How cool is that?! God is good!

Thanks for checking in! Praising God for Meng's health, my awesome kids, Ava's new family, Mary's amazing Christmas miracles, and praying for Rushi ad Rdo! :)

3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! I love her curly hair! Praise God for Meng's health! And for Niu Niu's family! That is so amazing that the girls will get to meet again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret's family told me that they were going to get together with you next summer and I was SO excited! That will be such a special reunion...wish I could be there to see the girls' faces when they see each other again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I a SO happy to see these photos and read how well MengYan is doing ... every time I feel a little blue, I know that if I visit here, I will be lifted up ... It is wonderful to hear that she is so active and enjoying life with her new brothers and sisters ... and it re-affirms my faith in never giving up on her whenever I see improved medical results ... MengYan has opened the door for so many other children with Beta Thal because she has more than survived and because her story has opened the hearts of those that make decisions .... MengYan has been a blessing in my life from that moment in July 2006 and continues to be a source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete