Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring....my favorite!






Hello! I am back! Our family has been too busy enjoying the amazing weather to be inside on the computer! MengYan is LOVING being outside! She has lost all of her fear of animals, which is sure a good thing, as our farm is overrun with critters right now! Meng adores the lambs, and she and Rory have taken in a baby chick that was found by some neighbors. They have named it Gummy Worm, and it lives in a box in Dale's bathroom! We still have goat kids, puppies, and a calf to come, and Meng is so excited to check every morning, to see if they have arrived!

Meng had a birthday last month! My little Asian fruitcake is now 5! And she tells everyone who will listen! She had a Curious George cake, as he is her favorite! She got some many gifts it was shameful! But she didn't mind!

Her health continues to be stable. We had a scare last week! I gave Meng her newly increased dose of Exjade, and then I went out to do barn chores. When I came back in, Dale told me that he gave her the Exjadel! I panicked! I could not believe that between the two of us, we gave her 1000mg of Exjade! EEEK! But all is well, we fed her lots of protein, watched her like a hawk, and made many calls to her hematologist, and she is fine. No reaction at all! Praise God! I was sure freaking out!

News on the rest of the family: Brogan has made it to Germany. I am missing her like crazy. But not missing all of her laundry! LOL Daley is getting better. She is a HARD baby, as she has cerebral irritation, and is a screamer. We have all learned to talk much louder these past few months! Her medical news is not as good as Meng's. SO far, she has been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, Cortical blindness, and Post-stroke disorder, in addition to her hydrocephaly. But we don't care! We LOVE her so much, and despite the doctor's prognosis (which is dismal), we continue to trust our Lord for her health and our guidance. Meng LOVES her new baby sister, and rarely do I get to dress her without Meng's help. Meng also feeds her, plays with her, and helps me do her therapy stretches. And guess what??? Sine Daley has arrived, Meng's tantrums have almost completely disappeared. We went from having a melt-down many times a day, to now maybe once a week. God truly knows what he is doing. Meng needed a purpose, Daley needed a family, and I needed one more baby to love on! Isn't He great! :)

Enjoy these new photos of my treasures, and I will post more soon!
Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Ann - it has been wonderful to watch MengYan not only become healthy in her body but in her spirit - she was always smart and wonderful, but now she is truly alive with love and someone to share it with! God is good. And He has eased the worry and pain my heart over this little wonder-bug!! I am so happy that you and Dale stumbled into our lives and have taken MengYan into your family.

    Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see Meng Yan doing so well! And so happy to see the happy pictures of your beautiful family. Always a treat! Thanks for the update!

    Love in Christ,
    Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip (PHF Gotcha Day 6/23/08), and Eli (Anhui Province Gotcha Day 2/1/10)
    http://threefingerprintsofgod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete