Monday, October 19, 2009

Adorable Photo and health update


OMGosh, isn't this photo just too cute! This hat was a gift from Bonnie! She sent hats to all of us! These hats were sold as a fundraiser for Meng, to cover the costs of her transfusions in China. Thanks Bonnie!!!
Health new.....We spent the day in Peoria again today! Meng's Hg was down to 5.2, which actually was not as low as I expected. She still is hanging onto this virus, which she has had all weekend. Good news is we ran lots of tests, and it is not H1N1, RSV, or anything nasty. Just a virus, which she has lovingly shared with Toby and Keagan!
She had back to back transfusions, and a chest xray, to make sure there was no pnemonia. All clear. Bad news.....there always seems to be some, huh? It is her heart. It is in very bad shape. We cannot get in for the echo until the 27th, which seems crazy, but I guess we just have to wait. I was told that Meng has the most enlarged heart that St. Francis OSF has seen on a child. They are also suspecting a congenital defect, in addition to the damage from her Beta Thal. I was told to prepare for the worst, and pray for the best, so that is what I am doing! In fact, for the trip home I spent much of it rebuking satan, and the powers of darkness from having any stronghold on my daughter. I am feeling a strength tonight, that I know comes from the Lord. My baby is gonna make medical history, when she bounces back from all of this! Claim it with me?
Ok, gotta get some Zs, thanks for checkin in on us!
Blessings!
Ann

4 comments:

  1. Ann,

    It took me forever to find your blog again! But it is well worth the wait! What a treasure! What a delight to see her with you!

    You are all in my prayers.
    Rejoicing for you.
    Covering you.

    Bless!
    Leah (formerly of PHF)

    OH, and I was in Peoria for a fam reunion a few months ago--should have found out where y'all were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an ADORABLE photo of Meng! I can't believe how much different she looks from when I saw her in China...brighter...happier...loved!
    What a precious, beautiful girl.
    I'll continue to lift her and your whole family up in my prayers. May God grant a miracle of healing in her life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are claiming it with you in the name of Jesus Christ!

    Meng is just so beautiful! What a joy to have her home. We will continue to pray for a healing to her health issues.

    Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and waiting for Eli

    ReplyDelete