Friday, October 30, 2009

Newest News


Hello! Here's a great pic of two of my girls....Bronwyn and Meng!
Good news and more good news! Meng went back to Peoria yesterday for more transfusions. Her Hg was 5.1 We gave her a full unit of PRBC over 4 hours, not bad! Also her spleen and liver have both gone down in size by 2 cm! And the docs all agree that they are both softer, and less rigid. And the best news is that after battling for almost a month, our insurance has finally agreed to cover Meng's iron chelation drug, exjade, which she so desperately needs! It was going cost us $1500 per month, and with the insurance "reluctantly" agreeing to fulfill their obligations to cover the costs, it will now cost us $60 per month! WOO HOO Praise God!

She continues to make us smile! She is getting more independent every day, and will play alone now even when I am not in the room! I have been able to teach the kids this week without her on my lap, which is nice! She is talking much more, and is singing a lot, which is so pretty! She still talks of her best pal "Rdoo", and wants to see his photo often. I miss that little peanut also!
She has been home a month tomorrow, but it already seems as she has been my daughter forever! I love her so much! She's a jewel! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great news! Aww, it is so sweet to hear that she talks about "Rdoo" haha. If you want I can send any pictures that I get of him to you, so that you guys can see them. Did you know his birthday is on Sunday? He will be turning 2 years old! He isn't a baby anymore, lol! Growing very fast! I recently found some pictures of him on facebook from Jessica McTyier Walters, she just visited SFCV last week actually. Would you like me to send you them? If so send me a quick email, that way I will be sure to see it, sharonburick@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not believe how fabuous Emily looks - and SO happy!! Our little MengYan is blossoming, just as we knew she would!! ANd what wodnerful news about the insurance covering the chelation drugs and the news about her heart!! THIS IS SO GREAT!! You all continue to be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete