Well, we are completely set now.....WACAP has sent us our in-China schedule, and the wonderful folks at the Philip Hayden Foundation (Shepherds Field) have arranged our first ever meeting with Emily MengYan!!!!!!!!!!!! It still does not seem real!
Lots of things to think about now. First we do not know what to call her. We love the name MengYan, and think it is important for her to keep some of her Asian heritage. We have called her Meng from the minute we saw her beautiful face in the WACAP waiting child listing. But folks in China say she prefers to be called Emily. I guess we will chat with her, face to face, and ask her what she prefers to be called! She'll probably say DORA, after her fave tv show! LOL Second, we are not sure where she should sleep once we get her home! We have literally worked our tails off, trying to finish our home addition. Dale is like a zombie most days, from spending every spare moment working on the house, and the kids and I have been up til the wee hours many nights working. But....we're not gonna make it. There is no way we can be done in a week. Not even close. So, I think we will kick Brogan out of her room, and allow MengYan and Bronwyn to sleep there together, until we get their new room completely finished. That should work....I think! Actually all of this ranting is silly, because God already has things worked out. This is just my nervousness making an appearance! Wow! Did I already say this doesn't seem real?!!! Ok, I'll stop rambling now!
So, for those of you who have asked......here is our schedule in China:
9/17 Fly out of OHare (Chicago) One hour layover in Seattle, then off to CHINA! A 13 1/2 hour flight, and they are 13 hours ahead of us!
9/18 Arrive in Beijing! The PHF folks will pick us up at the airport, and drive us to the Children's Village. We will meet MENGYAN this day! WOO HOOO! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!
9/19 Play with MengYan and her pals all day! HOW FUN!
9/20 Leave PHF and fly to Changsha, to begin adoption process
9/21 Legal adoption process begins at the Hunan Provincial Affairs Office
9/24 Leave Changsha, fly to Guangzhou for MengYan's medical exam
9/26 MengYan's medical exam follow-up
9/28 Our Visa interview at the American Consulate
9/29 Go to the American Consulate again for our Oath, and to pick up Meng's visa
9/30 Leave Changsha, fly to Shanghai, then on to Chicago! HOME!!!!!
Will post again soon, and without the rant next time, I promise!
Coming soon sweet little Emily MengYan! :)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don't worry your daughter will let you know which name she prefers . Our Meng made it very clear to us that she prefers her chinese name ....lol.For us it didn't seem real until we were holding our daughter in our arms . I am looking forward to seeing pictures of you holding your precious Emily MengYan for the first time .
ReplyDeleteVery excited for you!
ReplyDeleteHow very exciting! I can't believe that precious Emily will be in your arms in just a few short days! Yeah! God answers prayer!
ReplyDeletep.s. Make sure you give my Margaret girl an extra big hug and kiss from me when you see her. I SO wish I was coming with you to see her and all the other PHF kids again! I miss them SO much!
ReplyDelete